Rhodes 8 days
Rhodes: Food Fusion
In a great strategic position, the sunny island of Rhodes has been home to a variety of invaders and colonisers. It's food history has travelled a multi-cultural path and has a unique and delicious style. The cooler slopes of the central mountains are home to excellent vineyards. Tasteful Travel can introduce you to little known gems. Try Rhodian specialities, not forgetting the local rocket fuel - suma! Along with the excellent cuisine and wine, are superb ancient monuments like Lindos and the living history of Rhodes Town. In one day you can swim in the azure sea and dine in style at an Alpine hotel. This island of contrasts is not to be missed.
On a Tasteful Travel tour you can:
- Try Rhodian specialities in local tavernas
- Visit ancient Lindos and dine in top-class restaurants as you gaze across the azure sea
- Visit the cooler slopes of Embonas for vineyard tours and wine tastings. You can even try the local rocket fuel, suma!
- Walk through the winding streets of Rhodes town
- Taste local honey at the producers
- Take afternoon tea at a mountain retreat
- Watch expert bakers stretching filo pastry then try their delicious pies
Can be booked with or without flights. Includes 5*/character accommodation, meals and excursions. Please contact us for a quote.