Tudor Theme 10 days
Great Britain: Tudor Opulence & Magnificent Feasts
The Tudor period is one of the most turbulent and enthralling in Britain’s history. The founder of the dynasty, Henry VII, was the last king of England to win his crown on the battlefield, defeating Richard III. His son, Henry VIII with his many wives, political and religious upheaval of the country make him one of the most influential monarchs. His split from the Roman Catholic church led to the dissolution of the monasteries, countless deaths and bitter power struggles for the throne after his death. His daughter Mary, first ever queen of England, returned the country to Catholicism but did not live long. Succeeded by the famous Elizabeth I, under whosereign the new world was explored. Dying childless, Elizabeth was the last of the glorious Tudors.
Join us on a tour of ‘Merry England’ and immerse yourself in the golden age of the Tudors, brought to life by our expert guides. Visit some of the most splendid houses in Britain and feast on traditional foods popular in the 16th Century. Learn about the extravagant feasts of Henry VIII and how they influenced English cuisine, from roast beef through sumptuous puddings to the bacon sandwich.
- Visit a dairy for a tour and demonstration then try your hand at cheese making
- Be guided through one of the great Tudor houses, such as Hever Castle, Little Moreton Hall, Haddon Hall and Tudor towns and villages such as Chester, Chiddingstone and many others
- Participate in a brewery tour and tasting
- Visit a deer park to see these magnificent beasts which were so important in the 16th Century
- Experience a wine tasting, tour of the vineyard then visit a farm
- Learn about bee keeping and have the opportunity to take some honey home with you
Email us now to find out how we can tailor your dream tour.