Halkidiki 8 days
Discover Halkidiki - Heritage of Constantinople
Beautiful Halkidiki consists of three peninsulas or 'fingers' of pine-clad hills and stunning beaches, as well as a mountainous hinterland. Away from the coast the region's slopes are dotted with picturesque mountain villages. When Constantinople fell to the Ottomans sanctuary was granted to many Greek refugees in towns created on the fingers of Halkidiki. The food of the region has been heavily influenced by the imigrees, as well as nearby Thessaloniki. Don’t miss these activites:
- Dine on fabulous seafood with stunning views in Afytos
- Take a tour to Stagira, the birthplace of Aristotle
- Board a boat to view Mount Athos, the holy state with its awe-inspiring monasteries
- Taste the excellent wines from the slopes of Athos, the superb vineyards of Geravassiliou or Porto Carras
- Visit a honey producing co-operative to taste the very best
- Try a glass of 'tsipourou', made from grape must with some 'orektika' snacks
- Relax on one of the many blue flag beaches of Kassandra
Experience this wonderful part of Greece with Tasteful Travel.
Can be booked with or without flights. Includes 5*/character accommodation, meals and excursions. Please contact usfor a quote.