Thessaloniki 7 days
Thessaloniki: Alexander's Heritage & Byzantine Treasures
Thessaloniki, capital of Makedonia the birthplace of Alexander the Great, has a long and illustrious history. An important city during the thousand year long Byzantine empire, Thessaloniki is home to ancient monuments, medieval churches and a tradition of great food. Today the city has a bustling centre and lively night life. Let us show you around Thessaloniki and nearby wonders. Perhaps choose from:
- View the city and the sea from the ramparts of the medieval walls
- Visit the busy open markets in the heart of the city
- Be guided around the Rotonda and other major churches
- See the huge array of fancy cakes in the shop windows and marvel at the skill of the patisseurs and try a 'bougatsa'
- Try a Greek coffee in a local kafenion for an authentic taste of Greece
- Take a wine tasting at one of the many top quality wineries
- Take a tour of the villages on Mount Olympus
Contact us to plan you tour of Thessaloniki, a city with something for everyone.