Paphos 8 days
Romance, Mythology & Commanderia
Paphos is a town steeped in history as evidenced by its many archaeological sites but also has a vibrant nightlife. The town is divided into distinct areas, Kato Pafos an area of modern hotels built around the ancient harbour, packed with restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Ktima Pafos moves at a slower pace with wonderful colonial buildings and some fine restaurants. The old Turkish quarter offers shabby chic and interesting shops. Paphos provides the perfect base for sightseeing on Troodos, the north coast and the Akamas national park.
- Be guided through the mysteries of the Tombs of the Kings
- Sip a Greek coffee at a local kafenion after a guided tour of Limassol’s old town
- Dine on the freshest seafood with a view of the Ottoman Castle at Paphos harbour
- Travel through the pine-scented villages of the Troodos Mountains to the painted churches (UNESCO Wold Heritage listed) or Kykkos Monastery
- Take part in a wine tasting at the vineyard and visit the Cyprus Wine Museum to learn all about Commandaria, the sweet white wine made under the Knights Templar
- Go turtle spotting on the unspoilt Akamas Peninsula then take a BBQ lunch with a view
- Visit Kurion’s mosaics and spectacular clifftop amphitheatre
Discover the birthplace of Aphrodite with Tasteful Travel. Email us now for more details.